- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience developing backend APIs and microservices
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and serverless/cloud-native technologies like Fargate, Kubernetes, and Lambda
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
A day in the life
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
About the hiring group
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives. Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team building the visual experience platform powering the Amazon Music web player application (music.amazon.com), FireTV, and other big screen applications like Roku. You will evaluate, learn and leverage innovative technologies, work across client and server stacks, and insist on the highest engineering standards for design, performance, usability and quality. You will learn and leverage AWS technologies and will use metrics to measure and improve the quality of the service. You are excited by designing large-scale distributed systems that power responsive and immersive front-end customer experiences.
You will work in a small and fast paced company environment, while still having access to all the resources of Amazon.com. We maintain a startup-like culture that values innovation, efficiency, and bias for action.
Who You Are
You are highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals.
Who We Are
Amazon Music develops digital music applications for Amazon.com including Amazon’s Digital Music Store, Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music which are available on a number of websites and platforms worldwide. We share both Amazon’s culture and technology. Our challenges are those of growth and scale, and we pick smart, dedicated people to tackle those challenges. We’ve cultivated a culture of excellence by hiring only those people who embrace our high standards. We value individual creativity and believe that each person makes a critical impact on our company and our products.Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the visual platform powering HTLM5 Web Player application, FireTV application, other big screen applications like Roku, and more used by millions of people across multiple platforms.
- Design and contribute to full stack architecture to drive complex music applications.
- Pinpoint and resolve performance and scalability problems.
- Integrate with world-class, service-oriented infrastructure within Amazon Web Services like Fargate, Elasticache(Redis), EC2, and more.
- Interact and collaborate with other developers at Amazon Music and affiliated companies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
- Experience developing cross-platform applications using AWS infrastructure and at least one front-end technology like HTML5/CSS/JS, Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, etc.
- A love of music
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.