We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Sterile Processing Lead coordinates and oversees sterile processing staff and functions, while maintaining an advanced level of skills and expertise, and is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies, instrumentation, and equipment dispensed by the department throughout the hospital. Prepares equipment and ensures the proper handling and storage of supplies, equipment and instrumentation. Participates on special projects and departmental performance improvement projects as requested. Performs related clerical functions. Troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise. Functions as a role model and resource to staff.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues as they occur. Demonstrates advanced level of expertise, strong leadership and collaborative skills in dealing with staff and members of the healthcare team. Completes daily assignments and ensures work is complete. Provides input for coaching, training, hiring, counseling and performance assessment processes.
- Provides hospital and affiliate facilities with processed materials, instrumentation and equipment ensuring proper decontamination, cleaning, inspection, assembly and packaging of medical/surgical equipment to standards. Maintains a sterile and functioning supply of surgical equipment. Maintains complete knowledge of instrumentation and equipment used for sterilization, biologicals, protocols, as well as supplies. Ensures infection control procedure compliance. Performs all SPD/CST duties in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and standards of AAMI/AORN.
- Ensures proper functioning, care, and use of clinical equipment, supplies and instrumentation. Performs quality checks, troubleshoots, and ensures supplies appropriate inventory of supplies and that supplies are in appropriate storage areas. Assists in receiving and following up on supply deliveries. Orients and trains others, as assigned.
- Accurately prepares documents, forms, and reports, and completes ad hoc projects/duties in a timely manner, as assigned. Establishes and maintains effective filing systems, provides excellent departmental telephone coverage, and completes additional clerical duties as assigned. Ensures the work area is clean, clutter free, and organized. Ensures H
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Ensure patients privacy and dignity at all times.
Two (2) years of experience in a Sterile Processing/Central Sterile Department required. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Computer literacy and proficiency. Previous leadership experience preferred.Req. Certification/Licensure:
Technologist with certification for SPD within one (1) year of employment required. Certified from an accredited program for Sterile Processing Technician and or Certified Surgical required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. SPD Certification preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance