Full Stack Web Developer
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It's also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can't wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education; if you’re interested in being part of that journey, keep reading!
About the Role:
The Core Engineering Team at Noodle manages the integration and processing of the hundreds of educational data sources that drive Noodle’s products. This role works closely with Solutions Architects and other Software Engineers to onboard new university partners into Noodle’s data ecosystem, evaluate and develop integrations with new data systems, as well as continually expand and improve Noodle’s internal data tools and libraries.
As a Full Stack Web Developer at Noodle you will:
- Design, build and maintain a public facing REST API that validates and routes data to downstream systems in seconds
- Uphold engineering best practices such as code review and CI/CD, and serve as a mentor for junior engineers
- This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Engineering
- 3-5+ years experience with Python development
- 3+ years experience using popular Python Web Frameworks (We use Django)
- 2+ years experience working with AWS technologies
- Strong relational database and SQL skills
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and best practices
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Experience working with celery, django rest framework and postgres
- Engineering management experience
- Understanding of AWS technologies including RDS, EC2, Cloudwatch
- Experience managing infrastructure as code using AWS CDK or similar tools
- Automated testing and data quality assurance experience
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential
Meet the team!
- Work from our beautiful NYC office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave
- Monthly Gym stipend and Membership to premium medical services like Eden Health
- Monthly mobile connectivity stipend
- Access to mental health services like Ginger and Talkspace
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.