- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
***This position can be located in Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, Portland, Seattle, Jersey City, or Arlington, VA.***
Are you interested in building a knowledge management (KM) platform that helps the AWS worldwide sales organization serve our customers?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Learning Technology (LT) team seeks an experienced Software Development Engineer to help us build a KM platform for our worldwide sales field organization. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate and reimagine - end to end - how we create, manage, and share knowledge with our field employees and enable greater levels of seller productivity in a way that scales with the unprecedented growth of our business.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to various stages of the product, from the front-end UI and content creation to the back-end services, database, and code pipelines to automate content, knowledge management, and delivery.
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- Work directly with key stakeholders and customers to understand the vision and requirements
- Design, develop, implement, test, and document embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Translate functional requirements into robust, efficient, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
- Diagnose and fix critical software and system failures.
- Writing high quality unit/integration test to evaluate and validate automatically re-trained ML models.
About the team
This team works directly with customers to understand their needs. Team members are are highly trusted and given great autonomy to deliver results that will delight our customers.
- Experience using cloud services.
- Experience with Java
- Experience with React and/or NodeJS
- Experience with deployments and dev ops
- Experience with application integration via APIs/REST
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and/or Document Management System.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $110,500 - $160,000[yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.