Sr Software Engineer – Java JOB DESCRIPTION:
Cognizant is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer with 5 to 7 years of experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 6 + years of coding experience in Java, Microservices, Spring Boot, API Development.
- Proficient in Core Java technologies & Spring framework.
- Hands-on experience in the development of RESTFUL web services & Spring Boot based microservices.
- Working experience in database and storage such as Oracle, MS SQL server and/or No SQLs such as Mongo DB.
- Experience working with cloud platform services and application development such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. and UNIX scripts.
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and process and CICD tools such as Jenkins.
- Excellent communication skill and participates actively in team meetings discussions.
- Be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is required.
- Experience in Jira, Confluence is strongly preferred.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience pertaining to Retail/Grocery industry is preferred.
Responsible for delivering software using skill combination of Java, Spring Boot, Microservices.
Hands on experience with app containerization and/or migration to the Cloud preferred.
Strong coding skills with understanding across full stack, including back-end and front-end development and relational databases.
Exposure to any of Agile methodologies - SCRUM, KANBAN preferred.
Should be a good team player and on a day-to-day basis should be able to manage their own deliverables with the given guidance. Drives technical vision and influences product roadmap and vision
Work in a team environments and mentor the junior team members.
Honing individual engineering competency using the available enablement programs
Engage in team leadership and people management Primary Location:
Irving, Texas (USA). Required to come into office 3 days a week. Remote work allowed for duration of assignment:
No. Required to come into office 3 days a week .
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skills fresh and have opportunities to obtain certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we would love to hear from you!
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant demonstrates a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of outstanding companies that are leaders in their own space.
Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Apply today! Employee Status :
Full Time Employee Shift :
Day Job Travel :
No Job Posting :
Jun 27 2022 About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100:
CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email [email protected]
with your request and contact information.