SAS Full Time Supervisor
Are you looking to join a team for a fast-growing company that can offer you flexible scheduling, competitive rates, and the possibility for advancement as you move throughout your career? If so, SAS Retail Services has a great opportunity for you!
As an SAS team member, you will partner with retailers to enhance the consumer’s shopping experience. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong communication flow between all parties as well as supporting the team by providing the necessary tools to execute our services in the most efficient manner while delivering high-quality results.
At SAS Retail Services, we hire talented associates like you and give you the tools and training you need to succeed and advance in your career. As a large growing company with a national and global reach, our company offers you many opportunities to learn new skills and seek higher positions. APPLY TODAY!
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid training and ongoing career development
- Lead a team of Retail Associates – responsible for all operational activity and personal decisions, including management of Associates and their professional representation in the field at all times
- Optimize customer satisfaction and loyalty by ensuring timely and accurate completion of retail projects
- Support business objectives through placement of new items in stores, proper allocation of resources, and accurate reporting
- Partner with leaders to drive initiatives, programs and services that enable the organization to deliver on its mission, strategies and goals
- Ensure thorough communication to team members, including training, mentoring, and overseeing employee relations issues in partnership with HR
- Conduct store audits to ensure all projects are accurately completed. Maintain customer expectations by confirming that all products meets customers’ shelf schematic standards
- Collaborate with SAS Management on new business and revenue opportunities
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training of new Associates
- Effectively manage expenses to ensure adherence to budget
- Build rapport with the client to increase brand representation
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as needed
- Preferred: Associates degree or 4+ years of applicable experience, 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Adaptable and flexibly to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious relationships
- Ability to prioritize with multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, able to work effectively in web-based applications
- Experience in delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Supervisor (RS) is responsible for achieving and maintaining all Client and Customer standards by overseeing and directing activities of Retail Sales Representatives and Merchandisers within an assigned territory. This person works closely with Business Development Managers, Clients, Store Managers, and various retail personnel to ensure retail business objectives are met.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development: will work on the achievement of in-store retail excellence goals by building goodwill with the trade and Clients, timely new item retail placement, and ensure completion of all retail projects.
- Client Audits: will work on the achievement of Client goals and objectives by effectively managing and directing retail personnel, conducting store audits, and executing all retail projects.
- Will increase brand representation and effectiveness through establishing and maintaining trade and Client relationships and by conducting Client work with appointments.
- Sales and Merchandising: will maintain Client objectives by ensuring product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics.
- New Items: will work on the achievement of business objectives through placement of new items in all authorized stores.
- Shelf Standards and Conditions: will authorize items to meet Client shelf schematic standards.
- Call Coverage; oversee call coverage through scheduling merchandisers and reviewing reports.
- Budget and Expense Control: Budgeting and expense control with the goal of coming in under budget and having excellent control of expenses.
- Administration/Reporting: will complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties or functions of this job
Travel up to 30%
Minimum QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
4 years of applicable experience
2+ years supervisory experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
Environmental & Physical Requirements Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.