- 4+ years (or much more for Senior Developers) professional experience in software development
- Experience developing and supporting customer-facing HTTP APIs
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and open-source technologies
Amazon Database Migration Service (DMS) is looking for frontend engineers to own and build world-class experiences for our customers. If you’re an engineer with skills to create interactive and well-designed web interfaces, then AWS is looking for you. You will work with UX designers and SDEs on architecting, designing and implementing high performance console applications to delight customers who interact with DMS.
The AWS Database Migration Service helps customers migrate databases to AWS easily and securely. The service is used by customers across the world to migrate their most important data from their on-premises datacenters to Amazon services. Our customers depend on our services' reliability and security to handle their business data. More information on AWS DMS is available at http://aws.amazon.com/dmsWho you are:
- Work closely with UX designers and product managers to develop dynamic UI experiences.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Have experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques (css sprite, minify, gzip, data uri) for faster page load times.
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Masters or PhD preferred
- Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with “backend” SDEs.
- Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
- Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe oftware product features, and technical designs.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.