TechStyle is currently looking for an Art Director.
How Do You Fit In?
The Fabletics Acquisition Art Director
is part of the Acquisition Team within the marketing department and will report to the Vice President, Acquisition. The Art Director will partner with the acquisition marketing, photography, media, and other internal teams to acquire new VIP members through paid media. This role is responsible for creating a robust data driven ad bank that delivers on acquisition targets (new VIP members at efficient CAC) and an onsite lead experience to increase conversion of new members. Creative needs will include ads for paid media (static and video) and lead experience assets (landing pages, site assets, etc) to drive membership. Channels include, but not limited to: Paid Social (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok), YouTube, and Streaming. This leader will find the perfect balance between brand proud and direct response creative with ad performance and VIP conversion as the primary metric of success.
This role manages a small and mighty team of designers and video editors. The team will look to this leader for creative direction and inspiration. A natural coach, this person will up level the team as equal parts leader and senior designer producing their own projects.
** Please submit your portfolio/website to be considered for this role.Responsibilities:
- Deliver brand proud creative with direct response results via a robust ad bank for paid media
- Oversee team of designers and editors, guiding and developing skillsets and creatives where applicable
- Partner with marketing managers to develop general guiding principles (including but not limited to font treatments, offer lockups, general look and feel) for monthly launches and new campaigns
- Partner with copywriters and graphic designers to ensure all creative is aligned and communicate a brand-consistent message
- See concept through to execution by developing final layouts and color, sharing out general concept with design team, and reviewing all mechanicals
- Monitor creative performance and use data to guide creative direction/concepts
- Work with acquisition manager to layout, design and manage creative process for design team
- Partner closely with Project Manager to assign projects across the design team
- Stay on top of trends in the design, typography, photography, health and active wear world
- Maintain a keen sense of UX as well as familiarity with back end site functionality and development
- Continuously provide innovative new ideas based on data, competitive landscape, trends, etc.
- Art direct as needed on all photo shoots, working closely with the photographer, stylist, crew, producer and models in proper execution of shoot concept
- 4+ years of work experience as an Art Director/Jr Art Director in an agency, studio, production company, fashion brand or retail company
- Performance marketing art direction a must. Data driven and committed to delivering on new member acquisition KPIs
- Fashion advertising background is a big plus as well as marketing experience with in-store, digital/web and consumer facing multi-media
- Candidate will have a portfolio that demonstrates inventive/imaginative digital campaigns
- Must have expert knowledge of typography, graphic design principles, and font hierarchy
- Candidate should have the ability to think conceptually and design aesthetically, translating creative direction into visual references
- Must have strong presentation skills, workflow management and communication skills
- Must be able to manage team of designers and editors
- Must have ability to self manage projects and work within established deadlines
- Must have knowledge of both static and video design platforms and techniques
- Must be proficient on Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop; Sketch is a plus
- Online user interface experience, including mobile . Must have experience with UX design and increasing site conversion through user-centered design.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks with a quick turnaround time, demonstrating strong workflow management and communication skills as well as proven success collaborating with multi-functional teams
- Professional attitude; self managed, self motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player with a keen sense of urgency
- Passion for fashion industry and knowledge of social trends is required
- Must work collaboratively and constructively on each project with others on the team including Project Managers, Marketing, Merchants, other Creative Team members, etc.
- Possess flexibility to adapt and thrive in a rapidly evolving, fast paced environment as well as willingness to get the job done
- Must be diligent with regard to obtaining approvals
- Must have prior experience with photo shoots
- Must maintain a full understanding of the creative, photographic and digital processes as they relate to photo shoot and video production
- Should maintain basic knowledge of post production and retouching processes
- Must be team oriented, self motivated, and an exceptional communicator
Why Work for Us?
- Must have a 4 year degree in the field of Advertising/Marketing, Arts, Fashion, Design, Photography and/or equivalent professional experience
TechStyle gives professionals across the globe access to a career they want at a company they’re passionate about. We love fashion! Through our curated approach, TechStyle Brands (JustFab.com. ShoeDazzle.com, Fabletics & FabKids.com) reaches over 3.5 million VIP members worldwide – giving our customers access to on-trend fashions at a price they love.What Are Our Core Values?
We believe living these 7 cornerstones will make us successful:
- Be Passionate: Love your craft, contribute your ideas, foster debate, take initiative, our members feel this come through everything we do.
- Be Great at Your Job: Demonstrate the specific areas of technical excellence appropriate to your level and role, contribute relevant developments from your field to keep us cutting edge, share knowledge, and teach others.
- Be Entrepreneurial and Accountable: Make responsible decisions as if it were your own business, continually improve how we work and what we offer, follow-through on deliverables, proactively managing expectations, hold others to a high standard, minimize bureaucracy, respond effectively to change, challenges and the pace of our business, take ownership for our success, keep our members in mind.
- Do the Right Work: Manage your tasks to meet your deliverables, organize your time so you can succeed, understand how your work impacts the business, think strategically to solve the right problems, proactively raise questions and issues that need attention, prioritize the most important work to help us achieve our goals.
- Be a Team Player: Pitch in when needed, listen to others' concerns, identify dependencies within and across teams, be aware of your impact, keep others informed, collaborate effectively to ensure collective success.
- Learn and Grow: Stretch and challenge yourself to keep learning, ask for help, apply feedback, look for where you can improve, keep developing in your role, continually increase your contribution to results.
- Let’s Not Take Ourselves Too Seriously: Work hard, but keep it fun and light-hearted, no ego, make this a great place for each other, be yourself, inspire others' best, help us not take ourselves too seriously, have a positive and constructive attitude.
TechStyle is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At TechStyle, we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. TechStyle will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.