Requisition ID: R10049678
- Category: Engineering
- Location: El Segundo, California, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for an Associate Engineer Software - Full-Stack to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The Warp9 team is seeking a full-stack software engineer to help revolutionize the way NG builds and delivers software. Our mission is to rapidly deliver great software our users will LOVE, and we apply the best & latest technology to achieve that mission. We emphasize collaboration with our users, applying user-centered design practices to deliver great experiences for our customers. Most importantly, we focus on culture: Our people are empowered to move fast, learn fast, fail fast, innovate fast, and iterate fast. At Warp9, we boldly build software.
You will be joining an exciting and new initiative to drive digital engineering for a major corporate pursuit. You will apply software engineering to create new tools and new workflows. Your job will be to solve tough problems using modern software to create new ways of doing things for our engineers. Essential Functions:
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain full-stack web applications. Lead and mentor junior engineers.
- Backend development using Node.js, both SQL and noSQL databases, REST/GraphQL APIs, and containerization
- Front end development using React or Vue
- Execution of modern software engineering best practices with a focus on automated testing, code reviews, design documentation, and the 12-factor app principles
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) from an accredited university/college and 0 years of related engineering experience
- Experience in backend development using Node.js, both SQL and noSQL databases, REST/GraphQL APIs, and containerization
- Experience in front end development using React, Vue, or other modern frontend frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience in applying modern software engineering best practices, including automated testing, code reviews, design documentation
- Ability to obtain/maintain U.S. Government DoD Security Clearance
- Experience leading an agile software engineering team and providing mentorship to junior engineers.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and rapidly apply them.
- Experience communicating and coordinating with stakeholders and end users.
- Experience utilizing cloud services and developing cloud-based applications. We primarily use AWS, but any cloud experience is appreciated.
Salary Range: $66,900 USD - $100,300 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.