Developer and Network Systems Engineer - AMTS @ The Aerospace Corporation - El Segundo, CA
Developer and Network Systems Engineer - AMTS
The Aerospace Corporation
El Segundo, CA
15 days ago
Post a job for free in El Segundo, CA
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an enthusiastic early career, entry-level Developer and Network Systems Engineer specializing in networking concepts and technologies. This is an opportunity in the Information Systems and Cyber Division within our Engineering and Technology Group located in El Segundo, CA.
The Software and Network Systems Engineer role consists of conducting analyses that support software engineering for mission-critical spaces systems, notably ground control networks and flight software for rockets and satellites.
Performance standards to be successful in this position include the following:
- Passion and agility for learning modern technologies and systems
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and proactively seek guidance and feedback
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate technical discipline with a strong academic record
- 0-1 year of industry-related experience
- Experience or coursework in object-oriented software programming
- Working knowledge of TCP/UDP
- Understanding of basic computer networking concepts and technologies
- Experience with automated testing methodologies
- Working knowledge of any of the following: Python, Node.js, C, or C++
- Fluency with standard office productivity applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.)
- Experience with airborne vehicle systems and/or spacecraft systems
- Experience with continuous integration tools and best practices
- Working knowledge of Ada or Java programming languages
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Active security clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Network, Developer, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Engineering