3Diligent is a rapidly growing post-revenue startup. We operate in the digital manufacturing space, providing software and services for Industry 4.0. With our primary offering, we dynamically and algorithmically assess, quote, and fulfill custom manufacturing requests via our global manufacturing network, giving our customers on-demand access to the latest and greatest in 3D Printing and other digital manufacturing technologies. You might think of us as an Uber or AirBNB for the $12T manufacturing industry. We don't carry equipment or materials in-house, but rather provide the tools for our customers and manufacturing partners to do more with less.
We are rapidly expanding our offering and team, with opportunities for work based out of our El Segundo offices (just south of LAX in the beautiful South Bay / Silicon Beach area), with the prospect of remote work for the right candidate. Perhaps you are who we're looking for!JobDescription:
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to fill a prominent leadership role our operations team. This hire will be the lead engineer at 3Diligent, playing a major role in developing our overall product as the primary "voice of engineering." In fulfilling this function, this individual will be hands on in assessing customer requests, especially those that cannot be readily addressed with the automated tools we have developed. The Director of Engineering will also oversee the ongoing expansion of our supply network, and will be responsible for putting in place the policies and protocols to ensure we deliver great products to the users of our platform. Given the requirements of this role, we expect this individual to have an expansive knowledge of manufacturingprocesses and materials, which ideally spans 3D Printing, CNC Machining, Casting, andInjection Molding. This individual would also ideally come from a background where regulations are a significant consideration in manufacturing - particularly aerospace and medical - and familiar with how to deliver products subject to a highly regulated environment.Responsibilitiesand Duties
- Review automated pricing of inboundrequests and improve as appropriate
- Execute manual pricing of select inboundrequests, leveraging 3Diligent tools
- Place accepted bids with manufacturingpartners across the global 3Diligent manufacturing network, leveraging their knowledge of optimal manufacturing processes and 3Diligent tools
- Perform ongoing analysis of pricing and fulfillmentfunctions, identifying opportunities for operational and technical enhancement,through collaboration with our operations and software teams
- Present on behalf of 3Diligent at relevant technical forums
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-15 years in a role that has exposed you to a variety of manufacturing applications, technologies, and materials and their related costs. Such roles may include applications engineering, quoting engineer, estimator, operations manager, or plant manager, to name a few
- Highly analytical, with substantial experience in analyzing data to create insights
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing (particularly Design for Additive Manufacturing) is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degreein Engineering or related discipline (Master’s preferred)
- Strong quantitative skills, with the ability to process large amounts of data to drive better decisions
- Proficiency with CAD software, manufacturing preparation software, and Excel
- Strong background in design for manufacturability. Or said more bluntly, a keen understanding of "how stuff gets made." Excellence with Design for Additive Manufacturing a bonus.
- Comfortable in and energized by a entrepreneurial startup environment where you will be making major decisions to profoundly shape a product that you would not only want to use, but get addicted to using
- Insatiable appetite to learn and improve
Competitive compensationincluding salary, significant equity options, health care, and 401k eligibility. Total package is dynamicdepending on the candidate.