Front End Software Engineer @ The Aerospace Corporation - El Segundo, CA
Front End Software Engineer
The Aerospace Corporation
El Segundo, CA
23 days ago
Post a job for free in El Segundo, CA
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an enthusiastic Front-End Developer who can utilize core principles of UX/UI to develop effective user interfaces. This opportunity is in the Information Systems and Cyber Division within our Engineering and Technology Group. The successful candidate will work closely with inter-disciplinary teams to develop and design internal web tools and services. The front-end developer will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to user interface design issues that help make our websites and applications more visually appealing while enhancing usability. This position will be located at in El Segundo, California.
- Design, implement, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications, helping engineers solve space systems-engineering problems using graphics visualization, database interfaces, and data analysis
- Participate in software development activities that may include web-based or stand-alone applications
- Develop innovative tools and techniques to enhance data usability
- Work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable and distributed software systems that require research, awareness, and interactivity
- Quickly learn new technical skills to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- Background in object-oriented design and development, and fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience with relational, NoSQL, time series, or graph databases
- Fluency with one or more modern software programming languages
- Fluency with standard office productivity applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum undergraduate GPA 3.0
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Undergraduate GPA 3.5 or higher
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- Experience designing of highly scalable web services and distributed systems
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with data visualization and user interfaces
- Experience with modern data analytics (e.g. machine learning, data mining)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define goals and track progress on tasks
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative and creativity to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and proactively seek guidance as needed
- Active security clearance
- Time spent pursuing graduate studies in a pertinent field is typically applicable to the experience-level qualifications listed above
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Front End, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Engineering