EV Connect is seeking a software engineer (5+ years experience, focus on java, cloud) who shares our passion for electric vehicles and their ability to positively impact transportation, air quality and energy independence for generations to come.
- Collaborate with smart colleagues who want to make a difference by advancing EV Connect’s cloud SaaS platform, mobile/mobile-web applications, portals and integrations
- Integrate with networked charging stations and build innovative applications to command and control, collect and analyze usage patterns and build tools and monitoring to maximize uptime
- Develop innovative features and services for the evolving International EV ecosystem of station owners, operators, networks, EV drivers, utilities, fleet operators, station and vehicle manufacturers and more.
- Integrate with 3rd-party network operators to enable network interoperability and roaming experiences for EV drivers
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues, make and implement recommendations
YOU SHOULD HAVE FAMILIARITY/EXPERIENCE WITH
- Languages and frameworks like Java/Spring/Spring Boot
- AWS Cloud services like SNS and SQS, and hosting applications on EC2 Linux infrastructure.
- Developing in a distributed, event-driven microservices architecture
- Object/document and relational databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, mySQL, PostgreSQL
- Web technologies like angular, react, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML/5, single-page applications
- Linux-based operating systems, bash, ssh, sftp
- Network protocols like HTTP/S and WebSockets
- Developing and integrating with RESTful APIs using HTTP/S data exchange formats like JSON and SOAP
- Tools and workflows like Git, Gitflow, Maven, Jenkins, CI/CD.
WE’D LIKE TO TALK TO YOU IF
- You are familiar with and can get behind agile, incremental, iterative development and a DevOps culture
- You strive to write clean code to be easily readable, understandable
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You understand secure design and coding practices
- You have an insatiable appetite to learn new things
- You are willing to respond to critical issues off-hours if needed
WE’D ESPECIALLY LIKE TO TALK TO YOU IF:
- You have EV industry experience with station integration or open protocols like OCPP, OCPI or OpenADR
- You have experience with IoT in a SaaS environment
- You have expertise in data and analytics or machine learning
- You have integrated with API Gateways like AWS, Kong, Apogee, Ambassador
Ready to help build a more sustainable future through electric vehicles? Then we want to talk to you!
EV Connect believes in electricity as a fuel to help solve the challenges we face with climate change and pollution. That’s why we’ve developed the most flexible and reliable EV charging solutions on the market, giving businesses and organizations everywhere the resources they need to service a growing number of EV drivers.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated people to help change the future of mobility through technology.
Since our founding in 2009, we have grown to be a leading provider of electric vehicle charging solutions for commercial, enterprise, hospitality, educational, and government facilities. Our diverse clients include Marriott, Hilton, Oath, Dell, Panda Restaurant, New York Power Authority, along with numerous municipalities and commercial enterprises. For more information, please visit: www.evconnect.com.
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), covered parking, free EV charging, office one block from Metro stop, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options, workplace perks such as free healthy snacks, drinks and coffee.