At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS)
is seeking Senior Software Engineers
for their Satellite Division located in El Segundo, CA
or Seal Beach, CA.
We are seeking Software Engineers that are passionate about space and excited to work in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment that supports the design, development, and implementation of software for existing and emerging Boeing commercial and government space programs.
This exciting software engineer position requires demonstrated experience within the software ecosystem, a diverse background of project experience, and the clear exhibition of superior judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and support existing capabilities of multiple software programming projects. Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
The selected candidates may be placed in one of the following roles:
Flight Software – Develops real time embedded flight software for various space vehicle bus and payload products.
Mission Software – Develops real and non-real time, non-embedded mission software solutions for space vehicle ground capabilities including command & control, orbital analysis, scheduling, procedure generation, mission planning, and mission management.
Simulators & Test Beds – Develops real-time simulations of space vehicles to support software development, vehicle operations and operator training.
Databases – Creates database products that provide a data driven location for space vehicle data composed of commands, telemetry, mnemonic data, processor variables, and Signatures & Constraints (S&C) in support of software test & integration and mission execution.
Process & Tools – Support and enable efficient software development activities across each of the above domains through implementation and maintenance of streamlined agile processes and new software development tooling technologies.
- Full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, designs, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification.
- Assisting with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Developing and maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system.
- Developing software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Working and interfacing with a technically diverse user community and a multi-disciplined integrated product team (systems and software).
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
This position may allow part-time telecommuting dependent on program assignment.
**This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 5 or more years of experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Software development experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and automated DevOps processes/tools.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle that includes requirements analysis through Formal Qualification.
- Experience in software development using languages such as C, C++, Java, and Shell, Perl, Tcl/Tk, and/or Python.
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Experience automating software builds, unit tests, integration tests, deployment, and installations using a DevOps tool chain (Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Crucible/Fisheye, etc).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.