Sr. Software Engineer 2 @ EV Connect Inc - El Segundo, CA
Sr. Software Engineer 2
EV Connect Inc
El Segundo, CA
15 days ago
Post a job for free in El Segundo, CA
EV Connect is seeking a full-stack, Senior Software Engineer with 10+ years development experience who shares our passion for electric vehicles and their ability to positively impact transportation, air quality and energy independence for generations to come.
- Collaborate with smart colleagues who want to make a difference by advancing EV Connect’s cloud SaaS platform, mobile/mobile-web applications, portals and integrations
- Integrate with networked charging stations and build innovative applications to command and control, collect and analyze usage patterns and build tools and monitoring to maximize uptime
- Develop innovative features and services for the evolving International EV ecosystem of station owners, operators, networks, EV drivers, utilities, fleet operators, station and vehicle manufacturers and more.
- Integrate with 3rd-party network operators to enable network interoperability and roaming experiences for EV drivers
- Coach and mentor junior and mid-level developers and peer code review contributions of other colleagues
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues, make and implement recommendations
YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Languages and frameworks like Java/Spring/Spring Boot
- AWS Cloud services like SNS and SQS, and hosting applications on EC2 Linux infrastructure.
- Developing in a distributed, event-driven microservices architecture
- Object/document and relational databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, mySQL, PostgreSQL
- Web and mobile technologies like angular, react, react native, react redux, npm, webpack, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML/5, single-page applications
- Linux-based operating systems, bash, ssh, sftp
- Network protocols like HTTP/S and WebSockets
- Developing and integrating with RESTful APIs using HTTP/S data exchange formats like JSON and SOAP
- Tools and workflows like Git, Gitflow, Maven, Jenkins, CI/CD.
- Object oriented analysis, modeling and design
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Internationalization(i18n) and localization(l10n)
WE’D LIKE TO TALK TO YOU IF:
- Design patterns and antipatterns, domain modeling, SOC, DRY, KISS, YAGNI, preferring composition over inheritance, coding to interfaces and the agile manifesto all mean something to you, and although you may take a position on tabs vs spaces, it's not something to start a war over
- You can get behind and promote agile, incremental, iterative development and a DevOps culture
- You are willing to stand behind the code you write and support it through all phases of the SDLC
- You write clean code to be easily readable, understandable, digestible and extensible by colleagues
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You understand secure design and coding practices
- You proactively seek performance bottlenecks and scaling inefficiencies
- You have an insatiable appetite to learn new things and teach others what you've learned
- You like to participate in product development discovery and high-level estimates and sizing
- You are willing to respond to critical issues off-hours if needed
WE’D ESPECIALLY LIKE TO TALK TO YOU IF:
- You have EV industry experience with station integration or open protocols like OCPP, OCPI or OpenADR
- You have experience developing for IoT in a SaaS environment
- You have expertise in data and analytics or machine learning
- You have experience developing and deploying React Native iOS and Android applications, including native components if necessary
- You have integrated with API Gateways like AWS, Kong, Apogee, Ambassador
About EV Connect:
Ready to help build a more sustainable future through electric vehicles? Then we want to talk to you!
EV Connect believes in electricity as a fuel to help solve the challenges we face with climate change and pollution. That’s why we’ve developed the most flexible and reliable EV charging solutions on the market, giving businesses and organizations everywhere the resources they need to service a growing number of EV drivers.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated people to help change the future of mobility through technology.
Since our founding in 2009, we have grown to be a leading provider of electric vehicle charging solutions for commercial, enterprise, hospitality, educational, and government facilities. Our diverse clients include Marriott, Hilton, Oath, Dell, Panda Restaurant, New York Power Authority, along with numerous municipalities and commercial enterprises. For more information, please visit: www.evconnect.com.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), covered parking, free EV charging, office one block from Metro stop, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options, workplace perks such as free healthy snacks, drinks and coffee.