Software Systems Assurance Specialist @ The Aerospace Corporation - El Segundo, CA
Software Systems Assurance Specialist
The Aerospace Corporation
El Segundo, CA
14 days ago
Post a job for free in El Segundo, CA
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking enthusiastic Software Systems Engineers for an opportunity in the Information Systems and Cyber Division within our Engineering and Technology Group. The qualified candidates will join the Software Systems Assurance Department, where they will provide software engineering, computer systems engineering, and mission assurance expertise to a variety of customers in the national security and civil space arenas. Typical applications include satellite ground control networks and flight software for launch vehicles, missiles, and satellites.
- Evaluate artifacts from design, development, and testing of mission-critical software/computer projects
- Identify and characterize risks and opportunities related to software and computer systems
- Assess impacts of engineering change proposals, and advise stakeholders in technical decision-making
- Review contract deliverables and provide technical advice to program offices across a wide range of development milestones, from pre-contract-award activities through requirements reviews, code reviews, qualification tests, and acceptance reviews
- Help define acquisition strategies and contribute to associated specifications and standards
- Participate in efforts to modernize national security space systems, for example by migrating satellite ground control systems to virtualized cloud environments or certifying new launch vehicles
- Collaborate with software developers to create innovative tools and techniques to enhance, automate, and streamline the efforts described above
- Initiate, establish, and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training to junior level team members
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree from a recognized institution in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related technical field
- Eight or more years of progressively responsible experience in formal software development or computer engineering projects for high-assurance applications
- Proficiency in one or more modern object-oriented software programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python)
- Familiarity with government technology acquisition programs
- Fluency with standard office productivity applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to travel occasionally for work assignments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Advanced degree from a recognized institution in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Node.js, Angular.js, Express.js, MongoDB, or MySQL technologies
- Leadership experience with technical responsibility for formal software development or computer engineering projects in high-assurance applications
- Expertise in software testing, verification, and validation
- Expertise in systems engineering, including requirements management and analysis
- Expertise in review and analysis of software design, code, and test artifacts
- Expertise in agile software development practices
- Expertise in cloud-based architectures and platforms
- Experience with information assurance and cyber security
- Experience with flight software for spacecraft, launch vehicles, or missiles
- Experience with satellite ground systems
- Experience with radio frequency communication networks
- Experience contributing to software-related specifications and standards
- Familiarity with modern data analytics (e.g. machine learning, data mining)
- Familiarity with embedded software technologies
- Familiarity with project management tools and techniques
- Ability to effectively define goals and track progress on tasks
- Ability to apply initiative and creativity to solve problems
- Ability to cooperate as a member of a team
- Ability to operate independently and proactively solicit necessary guidance and resources
- Established track record of consistently making tangible contributions and having clear positive impact on difficult, complicated projects
- Active security clearance
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.