New Store - Furniture Clearance Outlet: Selling Supervisor, Full Time @ Bloomingdale's - Garden City, NY
New Store - Furniture Clearance Outlet: Selling Supervisor, Full Time
Garden City, NY
7 days ago
Post a job for free in Garden City, NY
As part of our sales supervisory management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. As the Selling Supervisor, you will deliver and drive a best in class selling and service culture; achieving your personal and team sales, service and loyalty. You will role model building relationships with our customers and the development of a client base. Interactive with both associates and customers, the Selling Supervisor is responsible for the highly visible, daily management of the selling floor: leading a selling team, supervising all selling and support activities. Responsibilities include oversight of customer service, quality of selling and outreach, fulfillment, merchandise presentation, floor maintenance, and effective execution of foundational tasks and processes for your family of business. The Selling Supervisor is omni-present on the sales floor leveraging staff and resources to ensure a fast, fun and comprehensive brand Bloomingdale’s customer experience. Perform other duties as assigned.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Act as a role model of professional selling behaviors and service and managing staff to do the same.
- Lead and educate relationship selling and client development; driving outreach to maximize business.
- Inject self into customer interactions to ensure that the quality of the experience is elevated; prompts appropriate service and selling behaviors (e.g. reminds associate to offer business card, to call by name, to suggest an additional item, etc.).
- Maintain a consistent, high level of customer service. Consistently provide feedback on sales professional behaviors.
- Respond urgently to customer issues; is empowered to resolve customer issues and always acts with a sense of urgency to resolve.
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Deliver your personal monthly and seasonal sales plan by maximizing all selling opportunities and working consistently on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to achieve goals.
- Motivate colleagues to maximize company programs by reinforcing the benefits, ex. Loyallist.
- Ensure usage and proficiency of POS/MPOS, b-connected.
- Deliver a brand right shopping environment: leading and owning execution of merchandising, partnering with VMM (and MM where applicable).
- Ensure all necessary re-stocking, floor moves, signing, maintenance of the selling floor are completed.
- Establish a high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Ensure that staffing coverage is appropriate and lunches and breaks are taken appropriately.
- As needed, lead selling initiatives throughout the store as Manager on Duty (MOD).
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Interview and hire selling focused sales colleagues.
- Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding.
- Actively own associate development after onboarding, including follow up on skill building roadmap, mentor assignment and developmental courses.
- Use Professional Development Review (PDR) content to establish and communicate clear expectations for selling/support behaviors and for empowered and self-driven business ownership.
- Consistently coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback. Use formal touch points and tools to recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills.
- Drive and model effective selling behaviors, resulting in high customer engagement as reflected in CRL scores.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people.
- Address colleague concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with our values.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Constant moving and standing.
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.