Cashier and Waiter/Waitress @ Matthew Home Style Cooking - Gardena, CA
Cashier and Waiter/Waitress
Post a job for free in Gardena, CA
1 year recent experience
Must follow CDC guidelines for social distancing & cleaning.
Delivers food and drinks to guests.
- Greet guests, answers questions, makes suggestions regarding food, drinks, and service.
- Interacts verbally with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
- Relays orders to kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system.
- Observes guests and responds to any additional requests.
- Presents guest check to each table and accepts a form of payment. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure.
- clearing and resetting of dining room tables.
- wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor, sweep & mop and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant. Clean all areas of the restaurant such a bathrooms.
- Maintains service station to ensure proper set-up and cleanliness.
MUST HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE.
Must have know how to use a POS system & delivery tablet ( I.e grubhub, uber eats, postmates, doordash, etc)
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor, sweep & mop floors, clean bathrooms, dust, and wipe down seats in all areas of the restaurant.
- Transports plates, glasses and baskets to and from dining room, and the kitchen about during shift.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Ability to help wash dishes.
- Will be required to have food handlers card within 30 days of hire
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- waitress: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- food handler certificate (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Handling cash accurately
- Processing credit cards
- Basic math calculations without a calculator
- Using a calculator
- Using Point of Sale software
- Using other restaurant software
- Making change accurately
- Using a digital cash register
- Using a manual cash register
- Operating a variety of equipment, such as fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells, and coffee machines