Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. We're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience.Our Team
Sam’s Mobile Solution team is a cross functional innovative team focusing on Sam’s Club member facing mobile applications. our engineering team built top rated android and iOS apps help millions of our members shop online and in club, our signature projects include Scan and Go, Sam’s Mobile Fuel, Sam’s Concierge Service, and Curbside pickup.As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
Keys to success in this role include:
- Create and maintaining server-side application logic/services;
- Collaborate with mobile app developers on combining their front-end elements and components with the server side
- Design and optimize applications for high performance, high availability and low latency
- Work on security and data protection;
- Incorporate data storage solutions, like Oracle database, mySQL, kafka, Memcache, noSQL;
You will WOW us if you have:
- Good understanding of Node.js and the most common packages in the ecosystem (Express.js, hapi.js)
- Working knowledge of node.js package management and the tools ecosystem (npm, grunt);
- Ability to model and apply authorization and permission control between users, systems and services
- Familiarity with how to create scalable Node.js applications
- Proficiency with databases and pragmatically modelling business processes through schema
- Understanding of automated unit tests and testing platforms and how to implement and integrate them
Benefits & Perks:
- Strong data analytical skills, familiar with Splunk, Amplitude, or new relic.
- Experience on Azure Cloud Platform, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus;
- Experience on eCommerce/retail industry or large scale customer facing applications is a plus
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field