Staff Accountant @ Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady Casino - Gardena, CA
Post a job for free in Gardena, CA
We are currently seeking a knowledgeable and well-versed casino Staff Accountant for our Larry Flynt’s Lucky Lady Casino property located in Gardena, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with performing daily audits of casino and food & beverage cage reports (3x per day).
- Assists Controller and Director of Cage in determining operational and control weaknesses and recommends solutions.
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Responsible for month-end cage related journal entries preparation.
- Prepares W2g and 1099 and spreadsheets for to ensures compliance with Federal and State reporting requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate internal control environment around the financial reporting and close process in accordance with applicable provisions of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Performs additional duties as assigned and necessary.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age or older upon employment.
- Must have experience working in a financial setting including use of Microsoft Excel. Associate’s Degree or above in Accounting or Finance related fields is preferred but not required.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills and a willingness to learn new tasks.
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel and an understanding of reporting databases, designs and configurations.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to communicate with professionals at all levels.
- Able to manage competing priorities with accuracy and efficiency.
- Adult themed venue.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- 24-hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Customer service oriented property.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit