CAD Drafter @ SMP Engineering - Glendale, CA
11 days ago
Post a job for free in Glendale, CA
CAD Designer / Drafter
SMP Engineering is a highly specialized product design and manufacturing automation company serving the mil/aero market. We deliver fast solutions to our customers toughest problems by hiring the best engineers and giving them the tools and resources to succeed. If you are looking for stability and growth potential in a company that supports a team environment, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team, who have high desire and drive to succeed both personally and professionally, in a fast paced and growing company.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Creates 3D models from drawings
- Creates and modifies designs for special assignments
- Extensive solid modeling and drafting using SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
- Using Microsoft Office tools including MS Excel, MS Power Point
- Interaction with all levels of management, employees and vendors to accomplish tasks
- Use various file management software
Skills set include
- 2-3-year experience with SolidWorks
- Strong personality
- Fast pace multitasker
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and written processes
- Good attendance
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Create drawings under limited supervision and guidance
- Monitor work to meet completion dates
- Middle Level Solid Model creation
What does SMP Offer you?
- A state-of-the-art facility.
- A results driven organization that is not limited by bureaucracy or business processes.
- A culture that expects you to do what makes sense.
- Excellent work life balance.
- We support our employees continually by providing them with on-going high-quality training and education.
- We are a tight knit interdisciplinary team, exchanging ideas and learning from each other – we communicate openly with one another providing valuable, yet honest feedback.
- We also offer an attractive compensation package, modern workplace environment and companywide passion to give our best every day!
Please Note: **This position is for our Glendale, CA location. There is no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship offered at this time. Job offers are pending successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and reference check.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications. Candidates who meet specific qualifications will be contacted during the course of this search.