SMP Engineering is a highly specialized product design and manufacturing automation company serving the mil/aero market. We deliver fast solutions to our customer's toughest problems by hiring the best engineers and giving them the tools and resources to succeed. If you are looking for stability and growth potential in a company that supports a team environment, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team, who have a high desire and drive to succeed both personally and professionally, in a fast-paced and growing company.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
- Use of CAD/CAM software to program multi-axis mill-turn machines.
- Use of 3rd party verification software to validate NC files generated before releasing to shop floor.
- Select optimal tooling & cutting speeds / feeds aerospace materials such as: Aluminum / Copper / Stainless Steels / Titanium / Inconel.
- Setup and optimize programs from other programmers.
- Perform in-process inspections.
- Improve the manufacturing process to reduce cycle-time and setup time, and improve repeatability and finish on milled and turned parts.
- CNC programming experience using ESPRIT preferred.
- Experience with multi axis mill and lathe CNC machines.
- A passion for doing the best possible work.
What does SMP Offer you?
- State-Of-The-Art prototyping facilities.
- A results-driven organization that is not limited by bureaucracy or business processes.
- A culture that expects you to do what makes sense.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- We support our employees continually by providing them with on-going high-quality training and education.
- We are a tight-knit interdisciplinary team, exchanging ideas and learning from each other – we communicate openly with one another providing valuable, yet honest feedback.
- We also offer an attractive compensation package, modern workplace environment and companywide passion to give our best every day!
Please Note: **This position is for our Glendale, CA location. There is no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship offered at this time. Job offers are pending successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and reference check.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications. Candidates who meet specific qualifications will be contacted during the course of this search.