Senior Staff Engineer - Lead @ MUFG - Glendale, CA
Senior Staff Engineer - Lead
a month ago
Post a job for free in Glendale, CA
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG is undergoing a significant transformation to make us not only more agile, but powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' needs first.
We are looking for an energetic and forward-thinking team lead with experience leading hybrid teams consisting of modern JS and native mobile skill sets to jump start a digital transformation.
You will work alongside and learn from experienced engineers in the Technology, Strategy, Architecture and Incubation group. You will collaborate in an enterprise service architecture and help us build out the next generation hybrid consumer facing apps. You will serve as a beacon of expertise across the organization and share your passion with our growing team by mentoring the team members to elevate their skills.
You must love to code, understand good clean design principles, and work well in an agile environment. Where others might be defeated by systematic challenges, you are energized by them, refusing to stop until a creative solution is found.
This role has significant room for growth and impact.
- Act as the ultimate decision maker on direction taken and associated key technologies that influence the future of our front-end stack.
- Maintain consistency of vision by being both diplomatic and firm, micromanaging if necessary.
- Identify areas of improvements in the code base and suggest ways to make it better.
- Provide technical leadership to the Agile team(s) responsible for developing the UI, API, and backend integration. Work with the Journey Owner, Scrum Master, and other Engineers and Testers to iterate on new features within the Digital Team.
- Collaborate with and teach other Engineers.
- Write high quality code as needed and ensure teams are setup for success
- Contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole.
- Balance a sense of quality with the need for improvement of both greenfield projects as well as tech debt to improve production/runtime performance.
- Own the overall design and vision of our architecture and systems across all teams.
- Act as “Technical Stakeholder” outside of the development department, and advocate for important changes to the technical roadmap.
- Provide front end technical guidance across functions (i.e. the feasibility of a new feature to our UX team, or an estimate of how long a feature would take to implement to a PM).
- You’ll lead the front-end client-side development team ensuring all efforts adhere to industry standards
- Evaluate and audit all front-end development work (whether conducted internally or by external suppliers) to ensure adherence to industry and internal standards. Analyze modifications necessary to the stack level architecture triggered by changes in business requirements, processes, or technical requirements, as needed
How you will grow?
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Intrigued? We would like to meet you if you:
Understand RESTful services and API design along with how to design micro-service based back ends in a cloud native manner.
Have knowledge of Git and similar tools, along with creating developer ecosystems and CI/CD pipelines
Can work with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Vue.js, Angular) and have experience with building out hybrid applications.
Are able to collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, and Designers.
Can clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose solutions.
Have experience with performance and optimization problem analysis and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
Why you’ll like working here as much as we do?
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts