Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing/Systems Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 750 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity, and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures, CAD, additive manufacturing, and fixture design. The Systems/Manufacturing Engineer also participates in software development projects & troubleshooting of production applications & systems. Development projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
Seeking a talented engineer with hands on manufacturing experience. This position will place emphasis on software-based systems that support and enhance plant capabilities in a light manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starting individual with a strong mechanical aptitude and some practical programming experience. The ability to troubleshoot hardware and software systems and perform root cause analysis is critical to this role. Candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades rather than a specialist. The types of projects that will need to be executed are varied and will require an adaptable skill set. The success of a manufacturing plant depends on how well its systems work together and how well data can be acquired. Candidate must be able to understand existing data structures, systems and interfaces and be able to craft novel methods to connect systems.
- Design, troubleshoot, repair, and install manufacturing related equipment on the factory floor
- Contribute to plant success through continuous improvement projects
- Lead or Support Sr. Manufacturing/Systems Engineer on key software development projects
What you will need:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related discipline is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
2. Production support, Outage Recovery, and Root Cause analysis
3. Generating of Training Documentation
4. Interacting in an engineering department and manufacturing environment
5. Developing and Implementing Key Process Metrics
6. Project Management / Lean Manufacturing
7. Aptitude with hand tools, electromechanical, and mechatronic systems
8. Some experience with C# and/or other object-oriented programming and/or scripting languages
What will set you ahead of the pack:
1. Enterprise Systems Relevant Experience (SAP)
3. Lab view development/programming
4. PLC Programming preferable -Siemens S7
5. HMI Project Development preferable Win CC
6. Embedded systems programming
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible PTO.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Smart Infrastructure Company:
Siemens Industry, Inc. Experience Level:
Early Professional Job Type:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here. Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here. California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.