Takes responsibility for assigned aspects of projects, including proactively communicating with project team about work status and potential issues. Assists in design and approach of analysis, gathering appropriate information to execute the analysis. Assists with projects proposals, recommendations, implementation, training and communication, drafting effective client deliverables, presentations, and delivering as assigned. Develops relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Issue/Project Management: Accountable and takes ownership for aspects of projects as assigned and reviews own work for quality assurance.
- Develops plans for completing work assignments to effectively prioritize and self-manage workload.
- Communicates tasks, issues, progress, and status of assigned tasks, seeking help or advice when needed.
- Demonstrates an awareness of scope and conducts work accordingly using sound business judgment.
- Manages upward effectively and proactively communicates with team.
- Analytic/Problem-Solving: Uses/conducts effective client interviews to gather (and maintain) relevant, accurate, and appropriate information/data.
- Reviews data that has been gathered and determines when additional data is needed.
- Assist in identification of key business issues across a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects, and functional areas.
- Assists in the design of analytic approaches and approach of analysis.
- Synthesizes analyses and highlights implications of findings with guidance of team members.
- Using sound business judgment, makes recommendation for action steps based on analytic results.
- Uses basic software, analytical, and research tools needed to perform assigned work, developing pertinent and insightful analysis.
- Formal Communication: Drafts effective, creative client deliverables and presents findings with oversight.
- Synthesizes findings into key messages for appropriate audience.
- Produces effective, creative deliverables for assigned sections, given overall deliverable outline and framework.
- Proactively assists in development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Utilizes effective listening skills and communicates clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Client/Stakeholder Relations: Develops understanding of client needs and expectations and develops trust and credibility with client and stakeholder while developing a network of Kaiser Permanente contacts.
- Development of understanding will facilitates identification of project impact from the stakeholder point of view.
- Energetically responds to client needs and requests, communicating sensitively to the needs of patients/members/customers.
- Will set and adjust priorities to meet patient/member/customer needs while responding to and resolving problems impacting customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Teambuilding: Seeks and shares knowledge, developing an awareness of healthcare and Kaiser Permanente.
- Will provide coaching to staff where appropriate while seeking and applying feedback from others.
- Provides constructive feedback to team members in support of ongoing development.
- Participates in non-project related activities (i.e., team meetings, presenting/participating in lunch&learn programs, etc.) that support the culture and values of the department, including but not limited to recruitment, training, etc.
- Minimum (2) two years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required OR completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, operations research, public health, health administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.
License, Certification, RegistrationAdditional Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, propose methodological solutions, synthesize analyses accurately and highlight implications of findings.
- Demonstrated ability to apply qualitative and quantitative problem-solving techniques.
- Technical expertise in some areas.
- Ability to understand client and/or stakeholder needs and expectations and responds appropriately.
- Interacts with clients as appropriate in the course of project work.
- Demonstrates a consistent attitude and orientation towards appropriately meeting customer needs.
- Understands point of view of key stakeholders and completes work, taking into account these points of view.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective consulting, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Open to ideas and thoughts of others.
- Visibly supports team decisions.
- Seeks and accepts constructive feedback and demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Health care experience strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in related area.
- Familiarity with MS Access and Visio a plus.
PrimaryLocation : California,Harbor City,South Bay P.C. View Building 1030 W. Pacific Coast
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
WorkingHoursStart : 9:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Department : Access
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.