SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for a talented, creative, and driven software engineer to help with developing software to help test millions of consumer-facing devices that will sit in our customers' homes.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write automation software in Python, C, and C++ to interact with phased arrays, test equipment, instrumentation, and documentation systems (time series databases, SQL)
- Develop automated hardware & software solutions to characterize phased arrays using external test equipment
- Analyze test data to optimize performance of hardware and systems
- Document software and hardware solutions
- Collaborate with the integrated product team for designing, characterizing and manufacturing phased arrays
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- Linux server administration and networking proficiency
- 1+ years of professional experience with time series databases and SQL
- 1+ years of experience with test equipment (spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzer, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with server side Linux configurations
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be available to work longer hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.