Financial Analyst @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Finance Analyst is a key member of the Finance team, providing analytical support for various functional areas within SpaceX. This position involves establishing and maintaining working relationships with business partners, and supporting management with analysis and reporting.
- Lead forecast of resource requirements for business groups, including headcount, capital, and operating expenses
- Work with business partners to understand processes and develop driver based forecasts
- Partner with accounting for period close analysis and group level reporting
- Provide insight on spending variances and department level reporting to business partners
- Coordinate capital expenditure tracking and related cash forecast across entire company
Who we want:
- Someone who is willing (and excited) to roll up their sleeves to dig through data, build ground up excel models, do the work
- Comfortable interacting with people of various backgrounds and levels – from first-year analysts to senior executives, sales, engineering, legal, etc.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven, but can also understand the big picture and strategic elements of proposals
- Resourceful and can figure out solutions where there may not be clear-cut systems or established methodologies
What they will do:
- Lead contract work and analysis of our existing contracts
- Closely work with sales team on new sales proposals, costing and overall submissions
- Work with mission management on maintaining contracts and ensuring smooth coordination from financial side on contract milestones
- Analyze costs and proposal work requirements for government proposal submissions
- Work with accounting and within finance to ensure contracts are appropriately being accounted for
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, or engineering
- Experience in the finance function, with responsibilities in forecasting, analysis, and reporting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MBA from top-tier business school
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) programming
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.