Lead Satellites Electro-Mechanical Technician @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Lead Satellites Electro-Mechanical Technician
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD SATELLITE ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
- Assign and prioritize work based on production schedule.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Schedule risk identification and mitigation.
- Coordinate support organization efforts to minimize production interruptions.
- Enforce area standards and run rules.
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Personnel training and development.
- Develop and implement efficiency improvement projects.
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans.
- Maintain area metrics.
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory.
- Document non-conformances and associated rework.
- Work to quickly return non-conforming product back into normal workflow.
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise and complete manner.
- Assist with transitioning product from engineering development and initial production to full rate production.
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs.
- Associate degree or minimum 2 years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading a team of at least 5 people within a manufacturing production environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience.
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs.
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware.
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices.
- Ability to distinguish colors is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed up to 10% to other SpaceX locations.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.