Loads & Dynamics Engineer @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Loads & Dynamics Engineer
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LOADS & DYNAMICS ENGINEER
The loads & dynamics team is responsible for structural dynamics across all vehicles and programs at SpaceX (Falcon, Dragon, Starship, Starlink, etc.). The dynamics group has a wide range of responsibilities, including iterating with others on design and operation of all SpaceX projects based upon analysis and available test and flight data, and even database design and software programming for tool development.
- Rapidly resolve novel structural dynamics problems through analysis and test
- Build finite element models for use in dynamic simulations
- Execute dynamic testing from start-to-finish (pre-test analysis, sensor selection and installation, testing, data analysis and model correlation)
- Perform analyses using commercial and in-house codes as well as write new simulation code
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Finite element modeling experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with structural dynamics
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test, including a fundamental understanding of strength, stability and fatigue failure mechanisms
- Experience with NASATRAN (knowledge of DMAP programming strongly desired)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- A "can do" attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.