Production Associate (Starlink) @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Production Associate (Starlink)
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented production associates to help establish new manufacturing and test processes and eventually ramp to full-scale production for the user terminal (a high volume manufactured product that consumers will have in their homes).
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Support the development of prototype manufacturing and test capabilities
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of user terminal components, subassemblies, and final assembly according to instructions
- Operate light equipment such as drills, custom build tooling, crimpers, presses, etc
- Programming, loading, operation, and troubleshooting of automated equipment
- Execute equipment maintenance and calibration schedules
- Maintain consumables inventory
- Assist engineers with development builds and other tasks
- Help develop and optimize production line stations and processes
- Keep a clean, organized, and thoroughly maintained workspace
- Ensure product quality and conformance to design requirements
- Put safety as number one priority
- Must have high school diploma or equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of mechanical or electrical assembly experience
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and work from drawings, controlled documentation and processes such as: layout drawings, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures / work instructions; schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Able to proficiently use a PC, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working in an electro-mechanical manufacturing company, a precision manufacturing company, or high volume manufacturing company
- Experience with electrical wiring
- IPC and/or J-STD certification
- Electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience
- Experience setting up and running tests and experiments
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.