- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including Java and/or C++.
- 5+ years of experience in networking, multi-threaded applications and complex software development.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities.
The Key by Amazon team is inventing and implementing pioneering initiatives for Amazon deliveries and services. We are laser focused on enhancing customer experience through next generation technologies, and are seeking exceptional, entrepreneurial Software Engineer to help drive this mission.
A day in the life
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
About the hiring group
Our work has a direct and significant impact on the user experience of Key by Amazon customers. We own backend systems that power the Key by Amazon apps and internal tools that are used to elevate the Key by Amazon experience at scale.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most challenging, cross-functional projects.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, and engineering best practices.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Experience with publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies, client/server development.
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.