- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of overall software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in development and debugging skills using Java
- 3+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
The Amazon Key Team is inventing and implementing pioneering initiatives for Amazon deliveries and services. We are laser focused on enhancing customer experience through next generation technologies, and are seeking exceptional, entrepreneurial software engineers to help drive this mission.
Key by Amazon enables customers to manage secure access to their home, car, garage and gate for a variety of use cases. The Key by Amazon app allows customers to manage their access points (APs) that may consist of several devices (e.g. garage, camera, alarm, etc.) and enable deliveries for Amazon retail, Fresh and Whole Foods. In addition, customers may unlock/lock their in-home APs, view corresponding entry videos, grant access to guests (e.g. friends, family members, baby sitters, cleaners, etc.) and share AP with other Amazon customers.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
We care about your career growth. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, and get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our team will grow with it!
A day in the life
You will have an opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy to our group! If you join our team, you will be working on difficult problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, optimizations, operating on a large scale and will be working on cutting edge technologies.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a big, innovative impact on a global business with a startup culture, we’re looking for you.
- Design, develop and maintain software that enables innovative Amazon Key experiences
- Work with multiple team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility; as well as work with multiple other Amazon teams
- Lead the architecture and design of new and current systems, from inception to launch
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.