Software Engineer (Starlink Test) @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Software Engineer (Starlink Test)
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Join the team that writes code to ensure performance and reliability of the software systems that control our satellites, ground stations, user terminals, and network. You will own all aspects of the software testing infrastructure that enables us to develop and deploy software to our fleet of satellites and customers confidently and quickly. Your creativity and relentless commitment to quality will be critical to the reliability of our service and the success of our business.
- Test code for the software systems that control our hardware and run the network
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system
- Analyze test results and bugs that require in-depth investigations
- Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and A/b testing in production
- Hands-on integration and troubleshooting of flight hardware/software systems and production network services
- Own the overall health and success of testing infrastructure to enable rapid software development and system stability
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Familiarity with Linux (scripting, network troubleshooting)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluency in object oriented Python development
- Experience building or working with real-time embedded systems
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Familiarity with radio frequency modulation schemes and protocols
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000