As a Senior Engineer, you'll join the Interactive Seat Map Data Services team. This team serves as the backbone of the purchase flow for all web and mobile applications, processing an average of 1 billion requests per day.
This Senior Engineer will be responsible for architecting, scaling, securing, and maintaining a high volume ticketing infrastructure – this includes supporting all requests for inventory, developing and troubleshooting solutions to adapt to additional requests.
The ideal candidate should have experience leading application and infrastructure development involving design, planning, estimation, documentation, communication, collaboration, mentorship, launch, and support.Responsibilities and Duties
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Design, implement and deliver code that meets specifications for complex software programs and systems
- Lead architectural discussions and present technical recommendations.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers
- Create technical documentation
- Add/Modify new functionality to existing code
- Assess and fix problematic code
- Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products
- Helping to define and drive the system architecture and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality service
Nice to have:
- 5+ years' experience of professional end-to-end backend and full-stack application development; building highly scalable web applications from scratch
- Experience mentoring a team of 3-4 developers while still being an individual contributor
- Experience leading architectural discussions, creating documentation, providing estimates, and working with stakeholders to manager complex project requirements
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems and public facing APIs; architecting Java APIs for relational databases (Oracle, MySQL) from scratch
- Scripting languages i.e. PHP, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Experience with an open source development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Travis CI
- Solid understanding and experience with service oriented and micro-service architectures
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, data structures and algorithms (Node.js)
- Experience in Agile & Lean Development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.
- Experience building full-stack web applications
- Public Cloud experience preferably in AWS
- Basic understanding of React
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- end to end backend and full-stack application development: 5 years (Required)
- What is your work authorization - USC/GC or Other?