JOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hollywood, CA (remote OK)
Division: Database Services
Line Manager: Database DBRE Manager
Contract Terms: Full Time / Regular
You will join Ticketmaster global database service team.
Join our global database services team and become an integral core member of a group supporting the world’s largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to build, manage and operate various databases in AWS with a “infrastructure as code” mindset and migrating databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. The development of those tools will also enable other database users to have the capability to manage and operate their own database platforms. We use various database RDBMS and NoSQL technologies. We support multiple databases platforms - running on both private and public cloud infrastructure - powering the world’s largest ticketing system and serving 170M customers. You will be working on some of the latest database technology, and will have an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a team with a great culture!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Gather required specifications, design the software framework and develop the necessary tools.
- Deliver self-service tools to facilitate the usability of the datastore services to help the engineering development (or developer) success.
- Maintain and enhance Python / Django based applications running as micro services on Kubernetes.
- Desired hands on usage of Git version control system and designing version control process methodologies.
- Collaborate with other database engineering teams to build tools in order to facilitate and increase the efficiency of operation routine tasks.
- Onboard, support and maintain the automation tools with users.
- Participate OnCall duty for critical tool sets.
- Strategize on building proactive monitoring and alerting to pre-empt outages.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- 5+ years of experience with programming languages (eg: Python and Python Framework such as Django, etc) in software engineering roles, with full stack database driven development experience using any of the following open source databases: MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Hadoop.
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (eg: Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Puppet, Chef ), can orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks.
- 5+ years of experience with independent design and developing client tools experience from end to end.
- 2+ years of experience with building microservices applications on container platforms such as Kubernetes.
- 2+ years of experience in observability and alerting (eg: Prometheus, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch)
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS DB solutions and their ecosystems (eg: Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, lambda, EC2, Cloudwatch, Eventbus, SNS and AMI, Kafka etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working the infrastructure of open-source databases (eg: MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, or Hadoop).
- Experience with Database observability or general system observability (metrics, dashboards, and alerts).
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines to maintain infrastructure code deployment
- Strong fundamentals of Linux / Unix system knowledge
- Previous tenure as a DevOps, platform engineer or backend/frontend software engineer who likes to explore the database platform area.
- Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Have experience working in a distributed remote environment.
- Have a natural drive to learn new technologies, participate in PoC,
- Have a high inclination to document often on acquired knowledge or processes and share them among the team, so that others can also contribute, freeing yourself to work on other projects .
- Engineering minded and motivated to remove repeated manual tasks with automation
- Proven experience of utilizing SDLC and Agile best practices.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- Have a strong level of independence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.Our work is guided by our values:
- We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.Teamwork
- We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a teamIntegrity
- We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we representBelonging
- We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.