DIA is a global association that mobilizes life science professionals from across all areas of expertise to engage with patients, peers and thought leaders in a neutral environment on the issues of today and the possibilities for tomorrow. We are seeking a creative and proactive Marketing Content Creator
to join our dynamic marketing team.
NOTE: This role can be based out of Washington, DC or Horsham, PA.Description:
The Marketing Content Creator
is responsible for DIA’s marketing content strategy. The position serves as writer, editor, and content strategist and is responsible for the creation and execution of compelling content to fuel integrated digital advertising campaigns promoting DIA events – both in the US and abroad, global digital products and trainings, DIA membership and other offerings.
In addition to best-in-class writing skills, the person in this role should possess strong project management skills as well as the ability to articulate how content should be presented in a variety of different mediums including email, infographics, social media, and other forms of communication.
This role contributes broadly to the success of the DIA brand by developing and delivering content strategy and related campaigns focused on a DIA’s business objectives, and end-user’s needs.Primary Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary copywriter for all Marketing content.
- In close collaboration with others on the Global Marketing Team, create, execute, and manage DIA’s content campaign strategy to increase brand awareness, capture new leads, generate engagement with DIA messaging, and increase marketing-tracked revenue related to DIA products and services.
- Collaborate with members of the Science Team and Operations Team, as well as others across the organization to gather necessary elements required for impactful digital communications and use to craft campaign copy that engages readers and incites action.
- Drive and adapt our “story” to position our value to various target audiences.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director, Marketing – Americas and others on the team, collaborate on the creation of executive presentations and speeches, press releases, position documents, marketing collateral, emails, and other written communications.
- Working closely with the Americas Marketing Lead, develop and deliver effective content marketing strategies and editorial plans to optimize the path to conversion and meet business objectives for products across the portfolio.
- Integrate understanding of customer insights, competitive landscape, and knowledge of the marketplace as well as knowledge of DIA’s products, the life sciences industry, and the needs of various customer segments to develop digital campaign content.
- Collaborate with the marketing team in the creation, execution, and management of DIA’s social media strategy to increase engagement, generate awareness of DIA’s key messaging, products, and services, and increase social media-driven revenue.
PLANNING AND EXECUTION
- Develop and manage marketing content calendar and cadence of campaign messaging for an expansive portfolio of events and products, often running simultaneously.
- In close collaboration with the Global Digital Marketing Manager, coordinate campaign release and related workflows to maximize exposure of campaigns and drive engagement.
- Develop editorial governance to ensure content is consistent with DIA’s brand voice, style, and tone.
- Provide oversight and guidance related to creative decisions and adjacent communications, such as social media.
- Continually monitor performance of campaigns, providing ongoing measurement and recommendations for how best to optimize future programs and campaigns.
Qualifications and Requirement
- Collaborate with other regional marketing leads to ensure consistent brand messaging, and exchange of ideas and best practices.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with major in Marketing/Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or English preferred. Strong experience in the Life Sciences industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a marketing-related field, 3+ years of hands-on experience in email marketing production, preferably in a B2B environment, with a focus on content marketing.
- An effective, influential communicator in a diverse range of settings, audiences, and contexts, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to stay abreast of new developments in the marketing field, embrace new technologies and marketing innovations and adopt as relevant and appropriate.
- Experience with the full scope of digital marketing, from end to end - including planning, budgeting, display and content creation, deployment, lead capture, and reporting.
- Analytical, data-driven approach with strong attention to detail. Able to learn new processes and technologies quickly and apply them to assigned tasks.
- Solution-oriented self-motivator with ability to set, track and meet deadlines for multiple projects. Responsive to emerging opportunities, changing requirements, and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Goal-oriented, agile, and flexible. Independent thinker who can also work collaboratively in a global environment with internal and external stakeholders across various cultures and organizational levels to achieve goals.
- Thinks globally and knows how to apply locally. Able to interact effectively and appropriately in a global environment with individuals of various cultures and organizational levels.
- Track record of exceeding (internal and external) customer expectations and building lasting relationships by understanding unique needs and delivering high quality results.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and demonstrates a continued desire to increase knowledge and improve performance.
- Ability to travel, including occasional international travel.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in other languages a bonus.
The health and safety of our employees is a priority for us. DIA continues to closely monitor the pandemic situation. As of now, we are working remotely and coming together in-person for some team meetings and project collaboration. Prospective and new employees will be required to adhere to DIA’s vaccination policy. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for limited medical or religious exemptions.