Overview: ONLY 2nd shift is available (3 PM to 11:30 PM) Monday - Friday. Pay starts at $25, commensurate with experience.
WHO WE ARE:
People know Snap-on for the quality of our products, but we know that it is the passion and character of our people that make our company a global leader. With our diverse talents and deep pride in the Snap-on family of brands, we drive innovation and create value. We work hard together. We grow together. We are one Snap-on team.
Snap-on continually strives to be an employer of choice and offers a GREAT PLACE TO WORK. Our average seniority is 13 years!
WORKING WITH SNAP-ON HAS BENEFITS!
- Paid time off: vacation, 6 paid sick days, 10 paid holidays + 2 additional floating holidays
- Vacation, floating holidays and paid holidays count as hours worked for the calculation of overtime.
- Medical, dental, basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – annual optional enrollment period
- 401(k) Plan with matching employer contributions (50% on the first 6%)
- Short term and long-term disability
- Snap-on offers a 50% discount for tools and merchandise
- Employee Assistance Program that includes Mental Health Counseling, Life Coaching and Legal/Financial Resources for employee and immediate family members.
- Other health education programs including smoking cessation, and seasonal flu shots
- Market competitive compensation with rewards for high performance and special skills
- Bonus or incentives depending on position and level
- Tuition assistance plan for employees
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must be a team player and able to make decisions under pressure with a cross functional team of individuals. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
With minimal supervision, sets-up
and operates various CNC multi axis mills and dual spindle lathes with live tooling; including, adjusting programs and use of precision measuring tools while adhering to all safety requirements.
Intended to outline the minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the position/class and do not necessarily convey the qualifications of incumbents within the position/classification. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must be a team player.
- High school diploma, GED or minimum one-year equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Strong math skills
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience setting up and operating various CNC mills and lathes including 5-Axis Mills and dual spindle CNC lathes with live tooling
- CNC machining certificate strongly preferred
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of machine codes
- Programming knowledge helpful but not necessary
- Must have knowledge of metallurgy and various raw materials including plastics
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use Micrometers, Calipers, Height gauge, comparator and other precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and to focus on details with attention to accuracy and deadlines.