Directive Consulting is the performance marketing
agency for SaaS companies. We use Customer Generation (a marketing
methodology developed by us) which focuses on SQLs and Customers instead of traditional metrics like MQLs. We offer Paid Media, SEO, Performance Creative and Design, Video, Revenue Operations, and Strategy services to our clients by creating comprehensive digital marketing
strategies that allow our clients to hit their SQL
targets, every time.
We’ve experienced hyper-growth over the last year and have remained true to our culture of, the best idea wins. We’re future-focused and are looking for others with a growth mindset to join our evolving teams!
Being a contract Copywriter at Directive is an invitation into our two biggest growth departments — Video and Creative Services. This is an incredible opportunity to flex your creative muscle, working directly with our designers, SEO specialists, paid media specialists, and others to create truly collaborative, data-inspired content for websites, landing pages, paid ads, videos, and more.
On any given day at Directive, you'll be interacting directly with clients, designers, parallel team members and writing smart conceptual scripts that engage audiences and drive leads. You’ll also be heavily involved with our team of designers, leading headline and copy approaches for high-converting landing pages, website copy, and working collaboratively with our paid media team to write punchy, benefit-driven digital ads that get results. Projects will vary based on client and internal needs and can include branding copy, boilerplate language, blog posts, and more.
Directive’s Customer-Led marketing
approach is about engaging customers emotionally. Or to put it simply, this is B2B that works like B2C, where big ideas matter and well-written headlines come with bragging rights.
Our ideal candidate is a great conceptual thinker with a knack for making clients say, “Why didn’t we think of that?” You easily distill complex product benefits into simple, emotionally-driven pieces of communication. You understand a landing page without a personality is unengaging, and crafting a story with emotion will yield better results
We are looking for someone with an ad agency background who is not only great at producing multimedia content, but also socially intuitive, collaborative, and passionate about working with a team. You're deadline-driven, a joy to work with, and hungry to do great work.
- Work collaboratively with our design, SEO, paid media, video and other teams to tell better brand stories in a fresh way that connects with our audience
- Dive into creative briefs to fully understand what the brand is about, who we’re targeting and why the brand product or service matters to the intended audience. Then deliver great strategic thinking that brings it all to life in an emotionally driven way
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to understand the brand, audience segments, and main value proposition to create strategic messaging for highly engaging video products, landing pages and ads
- Coordinate with project management on all production requirements and delivery.
- Collaborate with designers to create snappy, benefit-driven headlines and smart, well-written copy for landing pages, digital ads, fully-featured websites, video scripts, and branding language as needed.
- Take initiative on projects to over-deliver new and innovative ideas and solutions.
- A great portfolio, including, websites and landing pages, digital ads, radio spots, videos or anything else you deem worthy of consideration
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office.
- Superb conceptual and visualization skills to solve problems and create breakthrough solutions.
- A talent for distilling complex product features and tech-heavy information into simple communications that customers will relate to and connect with.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Able to help clients “visualize” your thinking.
- Strong understanding of marketing funnels and the ability to write within a multi-channel strategy.
- Ability to both fully own a project and also collaborate as a member of a team.
- Openness to guiding principles and feedback based from data & information presented from other teams into workflow.
- Strong headline writer
- Social media experience
- Great presentation skills
At Directive, one of our core values is People First. We’re committed to fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the digital landscape. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.