Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
As a member of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for building and supporting Development, Deployment, Delivery, Operations & Monitoring capabilities in Cloud based solutions to our customers. Participate in the technical implementation of DevOps framework across multiple business lines and portfolio to achieve a CI/CD/CT paradigm for a global IoT Cloud. Implement DevOps infrastructure, deployment automation, and monitoring to ensure systems are highly available, elastically scalable, fault tolerant and performant.
- Develop infrastructure as code (AWS and/or Azure) using best practices and implementations for non-production and production environments.
- Develop utilities by improving productivity in delivery orchestration, proactive monitoring, self-healing automation, and operations validations.
- Develop reusable components and operational strategies in the to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Develop automation scripts and pipelines which enhance and expand our DevOps services.
- Support maintaining a high level of service availability, operations, and operational issues.
- Support operations within a public cloud (AWS and/or Azure) environments.
- Support the building of Continuous Delivery pipelines, code analysis, tests and review capabilities, and release management procedures.
- Support the execution of cloud automation strategy for enterprise applications and application components.
- Work on a high velocity team that is expected to deliver solutions in a few weeks from concept to delivery to operations.
- Take an automation first approach to streamline business processes.
- Design and maintain architectural strategies, support, and system documentation.
- Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
- Assist with the addition of new customers and users into cloud-hosted solution.
- Build and maintain an automated DevOps delivery/deployment model to enable continuous release of software into cloud environments.
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions.
- Participate in 24x7 rotation including on-call and off shifts.
- Perform software upgrades and installations as required in support of cloud strategy.
The salary wage range of $106,000 – $178,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Fundamental knowledge of container-based technologies and orchestration systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Familiarity with Jira, Rally, or other project management software.
- Experience with test automation tooling such as Selenium, Cypress or Playwright.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and organizational skills, along with interpersonal skills that allow for collaboration across a diverse group of people.
- Able to work well with global distributed teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Experience with Agile practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of software development practices.
- Expertise in Software Configuration Management tools such as Git and SVN.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins or Travis CI.
- Proficient in several configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation etc.)
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, Ant, Gradle.
- Advanced scripting skills using Python/Ruby/Bash and/or Powershell.
- Strong familiarity with Linux/Windows OS and system administration.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems, performance tuning, filesystems and I/O.
- Expertise with artifact repository management tools such as Jfrog Artifactory.
- Expertise with static analysis/software quality tools such as SONARQube.
- Expertise in virtualized environment set-up, maintenance and ongoing development.
- Proficient in one or more of the monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, Logstash, etc.,).
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- 3+ years minimum years’ experience of product development support in the global setting.
- 3+ years of experience as an established member of DevOps/SRE teams, and with a proven track record of successfully delivering services.
- 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix environments.
One or more of the following:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate Certification
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Certification
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification
- AWS Advanced Networking Specialty
- Occasional travel, less than 5%. The job may require travel from time-to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties. Participate in 24x7 rotation including on-call and off shifts.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.