Role: Storage & Backup Engineer
Location: Orange County, CA
Employment type: Full Time
Storage & Backup Engineer reports directly to the Executive Principal, IT Infrastructure. This role provides Service Provider management functions to ensure computing, storage, and backup environments meet ongoing needs.
Storage & Backup Engineer is also responsible for ensuring that server, storage, and backup environments meet availability requirements and contracted service levels. The person is also responsible for managing vendor technical performance, prioritizing customer business requests, and managing project schedules and budgets.
- Monitoring Service Provider’s end-to-end support of Storage infrastructure services.
- Managing Service Provider overall performance & SLAs and quality in accordance with the contract.
- Ensuring that storage and SAN Fabric environments are installed and configured according to specifications
- Ensuring that networks, remote connections and virtual environments are properly maintained and available
- Overseeing Vendors’ successful monitoring, maintenance, backup/recovery and security compliance of infrastructure
- Ensuring that Patch Monitoring and Deployments are performed timely and in accordance with service levels.
- Providing on-site support to compliment service provider’s remote management services.
- Overseeing storage and SAN fabric infrastructure hardware and software acquisition, installation, and changes.
- Ensuring high availability of storage and back-up infrastructure via service level management.
- Ensuring connected server platforms are running supported versions of OS, device drivers, and HBAs.
- Tracking physical assets, including lease and warranty information and service contracts.
- Ensuring that Incident Management and upgrades are resolved.
- Maintaining physical tape library and data domain systems used for backup and restore operations.
- Defining and maintain Storage Standards.
- Defining procedures for backup and recovery. Identifying change requests in lieu of performance improvements and cost efficiencies.
- 10-12 years relevant work experience in related functional role.
- Demonstrated ability to support Storage and backup infrastructure services hardware, operating system, and software platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with setup and configuration of Storage concepts with high availability clusters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage thin provisioning of storage configuration.
- Experience in software installation.
- Extensive experience with O/S server configuration and other hardware and system software changes.
- Demonstrated experience with server administration.
- Expertise in capacity and storage management.
- Experience with problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience with storage physical topology development and maintenance.
- Experience with managing NAS, Logical Disk, RAID, LUN, SAN, and FCIP configuration.
- Experience with asset management and tracking.
- Hardware and software evaluation for storage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage storage and backup resources.
- Experience in managing sourcing vendors, deliverables and service delivery outcomes.
- Experience in managing SLA/service delivery metrics.
- Knowledge and experience with any or all of the technology related to EMC Networker, Data Domain, Netbackup, SnapShots, and/or SnapMirroring technologies
OSI Digital, Inc., (formerly OSI Consulting, Inc.) provides purpose-built business and technology solutions that optimize performance to enable data-driven outcomes for our customers. OSI accelerates digital transformation by offering integrated solutions that capture, secure, integrate, analyze and optimize data. Our services include the design, development and implementation of new solutions as well as the ongoing management, enhancement and support of our customers’ existing business systems.
OSI Digital was founded in 1993, in California and has since expanded to a team of over 1,400 employees worldwide. We have offices in the US, Canada, India, Philippines, Dubai and Australia. Our main o shore delivery center of excellence is located at our state-of-the-art campus in Hyderabad, India, with additional locations in Chennai, Delhi and Bangalore. For over 25 years, we have supported a diverse portfolio of customers across various industries, including: Software & Business Services, Financial Services, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy, Retail and Agriculture.
Our client base ranges from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations, including: Exelon, GE, Hyundai, Toyota, Gilead, Allergan, Yamaha, Gap and Skechers. OSI Digital has developed strong partner alliances with the world’s leading technology providers such as Tableau, Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft, GE, Amazon Web Services, Dell Boomi and Red Hat.