Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Developer Employer Website Job Posting Senior Developer (RBC Capital Markets, LLC; Jersey City, NJ):
Build TES Trading Technology Solutions as part of the FIC Global Spread Products Pricing and Risk for CASH products. Understand detailed business requirements and propose technical designs for coding tasks. Perform code development, unit testing, DevOps lifecycle for build and release changes. Review proposed technical designs and code changes with global teams. Collaborate with US Credit & Muni traders and provide FICC IT Support. Respond to users and provide support on application functionality related issues and inquiries. Identify operational risks and control deficiencies in the business. Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks identified to the line manager and conduct relevant risk and control functions. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine best practices and client requirements for software. Maintain all software, create updates, and address concerns from both the client and the business. Analyze and test programs before formal launch. Troubleshoot coding problems. Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members. Full time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Minimum Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field and 10 years of experience - of which at least 5 must be progressive, post-baccalaureate - with Java or C++.
Must possess 5 years of experience in each of the following:
- Creating, maintaining, and enhancing real-time PnL, Risk engines across multiple asset classes;
- Developing real time application (pricing engine) to provide low latency and handle high frequency data; and
- Bloomberg BPIPE, Reuter Market Data System (RMDS), and Solace High Speed Caching Solution.
Must possess 2 years of experience in each of the following:
- Fixed Income instruments and associated workflows;
- Capital Markets;
- Linux OS;
- Creating multi-tier, real-time backend systems;
- Multithreading (threadpools, deadlock management, and multithreaded design);
- Messaging protocols, including JSON, FPML, XML, AVRO, and FIX;
- DevOps and UCP (Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Docker, and Kubernetes);
- Distributed caching solutions;
- Low-latency, high-frequency message management within multi-tier architectures; and
- Unit testing frameworks, including Junit, JMock, and Fitnesse.
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
United States of America
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.