We are building the next generation of Wealth Management applications through a multi-year technology transformation that will consolidate trade flows onto best-in-class technologies and frameworks, delivering an improved user experience to wealth management investors & advisors and the massive scale and performance required by retail clients.
We are looking for hands on Java developers who will be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of financial planning applications. The ideal candidate will be a proactive individual with extensive experience with Java/J2EE technologies. UI skills in React would also be advantageous. The individual will play a critical role in every phase of the SDLC and need to communicate and liaison with various stakeholders and teams across the business and technology space. The candidate must be able to step up to every challenge the position offers, meet deadlines, and deliver quality code that meets JPMC standards. This role will provide great potential for individual growth and exposure to cutting edge technologies like building Cloud native applications using Spring Boot and Spring frameworks, message brokers like Kafka. The position will provide opportunity to embrace Agile methodologies and adopt tools for Continuous integration and delivery. Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to work closely in partnership with the business, technology and project management partners applying communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices.
- Backend API development utilizing multiple modern technologies.
- Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to drive progress with very-little guidance and short turnaround.
- Helps on coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Research new technologies, identify and learn best practice, adapt quickly and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM and TDD.
- Work with multiple distributed teams to deliver end-to-end solution across regions.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Product Owners.
- Promote excellent user experience and system performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages/platforms, such as: Java, Spring Boot, Restful Microservice, Cloud Foundry, Cassandra and Kafka.
- Hands on experience with Micro-services
- Unit testing with an understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks
- Recent experience with a cloud platform (such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry/AWS)
- Service development experience including RESTbased APIs and automated API testing.
- Strong computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures, multithreading, object-oriented development, distributed applications, client-server architecture.
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience with industry wide technology strategies and best practices that include building applications that are secure from start
- Strong working knowledge of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Maven, Git, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of UI frameworks such as React
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans