As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a passionate software engineer, you will have years of proven expertise to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices, and a passion for working with others to continually improve product quality.
You'll work hands on with product teams helping to evolve the products that operate on the Public Cloud and Private Cloud. With your deep knowledge of software engineering, coding and testing you will help these teams with their products evolve into customer driven solutions.
The team operates from Bournemouth, New Jersey and India and is growing in all sites.
Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies.
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple product lines and teams in a varied role.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Keen eye for detail and desire to simplify solutions
- Understanding of Cloud Computing, such as AWS, GCP
- Experience of using, as a developer, different enterprise technologies such as: Databases - Oracle, MySql, Cockroach; Messaging Systems - Kafka, IBM MQ ; Service Mesh - Istio
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC
- Experience in modern programming languages, such as Java, Python or Go
- Thorough understanding and experience of Agile software development practices
- Ability to mentor other members of your team in technical and non-technical. To lead joint code review sessions, planning sessions and other team ceremonies
- High emotional intelligence; able to work effectively and influence across multiple teams and stakeholders
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans