- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Job summary **Open to candidates located in/willing to relocate to Jersey City, NJ, Dallas, TX and Seattle, WA. At AWS
FinTech's FinBI Applications team, we are building internal finance applications that deliver fast and easy interactive platforms for daily data and workflow needs of 200 plus users. Our solutions range from focused financial models to self-service Data Warehousing to collaborative document editing capabilities. We do this by building scalable data processing modules in big data friendly languages and add a web UI that grants flexibility and familiarity for Finance users. Notable services in this team's portfolio includes Renewable Energy valuations for Amazon
's Net Zero Carbon goals and AWS
CFO's Financial Reporting platform used by VPs, Directors, and Senior Managers. Come join us to establish an eco-system of tools and services with some modern UI for managing workflows otherwise done with spreadsheets, email and shared folders! What you will build ? As a member of the AWS
FinBI Applications Team you will build from scratch as well as improve mid to large size services and tools for real-time processing and connect together integrated solutions built using Native AWS
. You will help the team achieve fast turnarounds by designing and developing unified systematic workflows. FinBI Application team’s key charter is also to expand FinBI’s toolkit for finance users by building tools for executing tasks and tracking of processes, reducing manual time-consuming activities, and establishing data acquisition for new processes, prioritized in that order. You will develop on Amazon
stack and only integrate with third party software whenever absolutely necessitated by the wider Finance community. You will enjoy working in this team if you are a fast learner and want to build on the full stack of data layer and presentation layer. You will be responsible for the architecture, design
, development and test of web solutions to meet customer data needs. You will train junior engineers on best practices, conduct tech talks to share organization wide impactful ideas.
- Experience with event-driven systems highly desirable
- Experience with ETL (SQL and NO-SQL) database skills
- Experience with AWS Services like Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Cognito
- Experience in running and consuming big data processing outputs such as Spark, EMR is highly desirable
- Familiarity in NodeJS based backend servers like Express
- Familiarity with front-end UI frameworks such as React or Angular or use of JSX, Typescript
- Quick learner with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer
openings across various Amazon
teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $168,100 - 227,400.00/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon
's internal or external careers site.
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon