Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better. SUMMARY
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what's ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys' business. As a hands-on subject matter expert, you will use expert-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance your industry knowledge, and grow the business impact. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, negotiate technical success criteria, product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations. Work independently within multi-disciplinary teams
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers' requirements using Ansys products and platform, articulate Ansys' value proposition
- Assist in creating differentiating simulation solutions using the Ansys platform and products; deploy the solutions within customers' design workflows
- Develop competence as a subject matter expert and industry expert
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems, develop application best practices
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing, author conference presentations
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS or PhD inOptical Engineering, Optical Sciences, Applied Physics or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+5, MS+3, or PhD+0
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Subject matter expert in one or more relevant disciplines within Ansys' business and is/will be sought out for advice by other Ansys engineers
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of time
- Demonstrated experience in an optical or illumination design environment
Proficient in giving technical presentations to prospects and customers, both technical and non-technical
Proficient in providing customer technical support, consulting services or with similar customer facing activities.
Two (2) years of hands-on experience in optical modeling of industrial applications using commercial CAE tools (e.g., Zemax OpticStudio, Ansys Speos, Synopsys CodeV) or equivalent
Experience with programming in Matlab, Python, C++, or C#
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+8, MS+6, or PhD+3
- 2 years of experience in application engineering, customer support, or consulting services type customer facing roles using engineering software
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of time
- Four (4) years of hands-on experience in optical modeling of industrial applications using commercial CAE tools (e.g., Zemax OpticStudio, Ansys Speos, Synopsys CodeV) or equivalent
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
Seattle Nearest Secondary Market: