At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands. Join our team
As a Principal Engineer of the Content Platform, you will be building the future for GoDaddy’s marketing authoring and delivery. Your team’s code and solutions will be used throughout the GoDaddy engineering ecosystem and across various web properties.
This is a hands-on role and requires leading through example by delivering well-factored, well-tested, and reusable code that will last and adapt to changing needs. This involves partnering with many teams to launch customer-benefitting experiences.
This role requires a full-stack engineer who has proven experience designing and implemented system level integrations. Coordinating transactions and rollback strategies. As well as familiarity with modern front-end web development technologies such as React, Node.js, etc. What you'll get to do...
Your experience should include...
- Lead efforts to drive consensus for architectural design activities across teams.
- Mentor, lead, and influence engineers to ensure the success of collaborative solutions.
- Write efficient, maintainable code, validated with unit and integration tests.
- Participate in planning, architecting, implementing, and maintaining our client and server code.
- Review your teammates' code, help define high standards, and look for ways to improve the overall quality of our codebase.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products. Work fearlessly, try new things, and share your failures and successes with the team.
You might also have...
- Experience in all aspects of software engineering lifecycles.
- Proven experience mentoring and helping team members to grow in their expertise and ability.
- Experience with React and/or Node.js
- 10+ years of professional Agile software development experience.
- Consistent track record of delivering modern web service based architecture (REST, GraphQL, etc)
- Understanding of git and git-based workflows.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Technologies, CICD Pipelines (Jenkins and GitHub Actions), Kubernetes, a plus.
- Experience managing or contributing to Open Source is a plus. (Send us a link to your GitHub!)
We've got your back...
- Experience developing or working with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as ContentStack.
- Experience with experimentation strategies such as A/B or multivariate testing.
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way. About us...
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected] GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. Job ID