Cocina Clerk - Store # 02 PT Seasonal @ Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc. - La Habra, CA
Cocina Clerk - Store # 02 PT Seasonal
Post a job for free in La Habra, CA
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and since then we have grown to 41 stores in four counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us. We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit www.northgatemarkets.com.
To provide customer assistance in a prompt and diligent manner; to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Observe all store rules and company policies;
- Maintain a neat, well‑groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress regulations; must wear approved hat or hair net;
- Must wear an approved hat or hair net;
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by store manager;
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations;
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise when necessary; check and verify product receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered; check products for quality, count, and condition;
- Take stock to storage or shelf areas;
- Follow pre-determined schematics and production forecasts.Keep manager or other designated personnel aware of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems;
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods;
- Wait on customers including slicing, cutting, weighing, packaging and labeling merchandise;
- Assist in preparation of food products;
- Comply with safety policies and procedures; read all Safety Committee bulletins;
- Assist in training associates when assigned;
- Control excessive use of utilities and water and observe sound conservation practices;
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed;
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Maintain and promote new items and weekly specials;
- Keep refrigerated cases and other displays stocked and properly faced at all times in accordance with department standards;
- Display merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat and colorful manner;
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with department policy and product code dates and pull all out‑of‑code merchandise; following FIFO Rules (first in first out)
- Maintain a regular cleaning and sanitation program in compliance with store policy, department standards and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis;
- Assist in keeping all food preparation, display and storage areas clean, clear and in good order;
- Respond promptly to emergencies or potential safety hazards;
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance a minimum of one time per shift; communicate temperature failure of cases to key person in charge.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order;
- Immediately advise department manager of any maintenance or equipment problems including temperature failure in refrigerated cases and display units.
- Take action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses; observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer actions and behavior; report to manager or security any abnormal behavior;
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Maintain good communications with co‑workers and throughout the organization;
- Notify department manager of personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such action.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all of the duties described in the preceding in an efficient and competent manner. The requirements and conditions listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skill, experience, and/or ability required. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in English in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools; company handbooks, policies and procedures; and other written job-related documents.
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with all of the various cuts and types of meat products sold in the department including recommended uses or cooking methods and store/department procedures, policies and operations.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988;
Physical Demands and Conditions
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- The employee must frequently walk, talk or hear, and reach with the hands and arms; occasionally, the employee must crouch or kneel;
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 50 pounds carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift negligible amounts of weight;
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus including possessing sufficient visual acuity to verify invoices and other written documents;
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds at least once per shift, carrying industrial‑sized containers of food products, bulk‑packaged items, trash containers, etc.;
- Be able to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racks and storage areas;
- Be able to sweep and mop floors and lift and carry out trash containers to be emptied in an outside bin;
- Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to respond quickly to fire or other emergencies such as cleanup requests due to accidental spills or breakage of glass;
- Be able to stock coolers and shelves and endure working under temperature extremes in both refrigerated storage and heated cooking areas up to 20 minutes at a time;
- Be able to work with fresh meat, fruits, vegetables, spices, sauces, flour and other food products without negative allergic consequences that affect performance;
- Be able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and chemical fumes from common household cleaning agents such as ammonia during routine housekeeping duties;
- Have sufficient memory retention skills to memorize weekly ad prices and menu items.
The work environment conditions described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. It may be possible to modify some circumstances to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- The work environment includes occasional exposure to low temperatures;
- The work environment includes frequent exposure to or near heated ovens and high temperatures;
- Access to break rooms, offices and all employee restrooms require ascending/descending a flight of stairs; there are no restrooms at street level nor are there any public restrooms available elsewhere on the premises;
- Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).