Maintenance Supervisor @ Shasta Beverages - La Mirada, CA
Post a job for free in La Mirada, CA
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise, train and cross-train mechanics in all areas of the operation. Must be able to develop mechanics’ skill and/or provide training to further their skill level to improve individual and facility performance.
· Practice safe work habits. Follow proper lock out tag out procedures as required. Completes all OSHA required training as required and corrects any unsafe conditions as necessary. Issues discipline as required for unsafe acts.
· Responds to calls from line supervisors or operators to repair equipment as needed.
· Performs package change-overs on equipment as required.
· Schedule preventative maintenance on equipment as required.
· Participates daily in meetings and reports maintenance department objectives and opportunities.
· Works with Production Manager to analyze downtime data to prevent or minimize recurring issues and improve on process.
· Delivers consistent superior product quality by enforcing quality standards; maintaining HACCP and GMP’s.
· Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
· Maximizes equipment operation by developing and scheduling preventive maintenance; organizing change-overs.
· Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Insures fair, equitable and respectful treatment of all employees.
· Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, supply chain management, logistics or equivalent from an accredited university.
· Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in related. Experience in the beverage industry preferred.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
· Ability to read schematics.
· PLC experience is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Kaizen.
· Knowledge of OSHA laws and training.
· Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
· Solid business acumen, management, analytical, and problem-thinking skills.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Pass the drug test and physical exam.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
As part of the application process please take the brief assessment below:
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- maintenance supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction