Warehouse Specialist @ Firefighters Bookstore Inc - La Mirada, CA
Post a job for free in La Mirada, CA
This position carries out operations within the Warehouse, processing shipping and receiving of products, assisting in warehouse inventory, cycle counts and, maintenance.
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives.
- Process shipping and receiving of products
- Manage warehouse inventory.
- Maintain warehouse in organized, safe and clean manner.
- Assist customers picking up outgoing orders from our facility.
- Other duties as assigned by management to address and provide effective support of company mission, values and goals.
- Ability to lift 25 / 50 / 70 lbs.
- Attention to detail, responsible and, dependable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Follow through ability on all requests within an allotted time period.
- Proactively taking the initiative to effect change.
- Analyze situations and effectively decide on good business solution.
- Desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Outgoing and positive personality.
- Proven effective communication skills via phone or email.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- General customer service skills with the ability to overcome objections.
- General computer skills required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years warehouse or fulfillment experience.
- Load and unload products from trailers using forklift, pallet jack, and other material handling equipment.
L.N. Curtis & sons is a privately owned and operated corporation that provides Tools for Heroes. The company is headquartered in Oakland, California. Operational centers are located in Salt Lake City, Utah; Kent, Washington; La Mirada, California; and Phoenix, Arizona. Established in 1929, L.N. Curtis & sons is the premier distributor of first responder equipment and actively sells and services in the United States. The company is focused on servicing the thirteen Western states and the U.S. Government worldwide. L.N. Curtis & sons is committed to supplying the fire and law enforcement industry with the most modern, safe and effective products available. L.N. Curtis & sons is a company whose principal product is service, whose principal resource is people, and whose principal purpose is to be a distinguished leader in the field of supplying and servicing emergency responder equipment.
Firefighters Bookstore provides educational and training resources to emergency responders through an extensive collection and library of knowledge. Firefighters Bookstore is where firefighters go to buy their educational, advancement, training and books on emergency response. Sales are primarily made through our website: Firebooks.com and our network of dealers.
L.N. Curtis & sons, ECMS and Firefighters Bookstore are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, L.N. Curtis & sons, ECMS and Firefighters Bookstore participate in the E-Verify program as required by law. You may view our Equal Employment, Pay Transparency and E-Verify notices at https://www.lncurtis.com/careers.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]