Vocational Nurse @ Enki Health Services, Inc. - La Puente, CA
Post a job for free in La Puente, CA
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
The Vocational Nurse will administer medications to clients per Doctor?s/Nurse Practitioner?s orders and will be responsible for the maintenance and functioning of the medication room(s).
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance of the medication room by following the County, State and OSHA guidelines governing the administration, dispensing, storing and disposal of medications and medical waste.
- Coordinate back-up coverage as appropriate.
- Administer medication under the supervision of the Director of Psychiatric Services or the On-Duty Psychiatrist/Nurse Practitioner.
- Provide rehabilitation services to clients.
- Complete documentation in the client?s clinical record per Enki & DMH requirements.
- Coordinate client care with other providers both within and outside the agency.
- Maintain all logs and documentation according to the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Coordinate the centralized medications of clients and consult & follow recommendations from consulting pharmacists when available.
- Conduct and facilitate groups for medication compliance, health education and medical conditions such as Diabetes.
- Obtain vital signs, height and weight on all clients.
- Obtain 5150 designation from DMH.
- Assist with laboratory requests and specimen handling as appropriate.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as applicable.
Minimum Education and Experience Preferred:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in working with chronic mentally ill adults and/or children in providing medication services.
Must possess and maintain a valid license in one of the following:
1) Registered Nursing (RN), 2) Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or 3) Licensed Psychiatric Technician.
Valid California driver?s license, current automobile insurance, and eligibility to drive for the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform in a positive, courteous, flexible and adaptive manner.
- Computer literate and experienced with using Electronic Medical Records.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and written.
- Possesses excellent organization skills.
- See well enough (with or without corrected vision) to read fine print, hand-written materials, and a computer screen.
- Speak and hear well enough (with or without assistive device) to converse in person and over the telephone.
- Finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms, including ability to use a computer keyboard.
- Have the mobility (with or without assistive device) to stand, sit, crouch, and move from one work area to another.
- Have the strength to lift, carry or push office equipment and supplies used in normal job functions.
- Stamina to effectively perform work activities.
- Must be able to lift 15-20 lbs.
Enki is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Enki will comply with all fair employment laws and will take affirmative measures to eliminate or prevent illegal discrimination. It is the policy of Enki that positive action be taken to insure that members of protected classes have an equal opportunity for all jobs. Enki will comply with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Please see Job Description.